Alicia M. Matsushima – Texas Insurance Attorney
Outside Counsel for Insurance Litigation in Texas
Alicia M. Matsushima, P.C. is a 100% woman-minority owned boutique law firm specializing in insurance defense and commercial litigation.
Ms. Matsushima has practiced law in Texas since 1997 handling insurance cases in trial and appellate courts. Ms. Matsushima has handled claims for commercial general liability, commercial property, automobile, homeowners, products liability, title, health, life, and disability insurance policies. Ms. Matsushima’s insurance experience includes:
- ERISA plan administrator and underwriter defense.
- Prosecution of life insurance company rescission claims.
- Interpleader and declaratory judgment proceedings.
- Defense of policyholder breach of contract claims.
- Insurer, broker, and agent defense of claims of Deceptive Trade Practices Act violations, bad faith insurance practices, Texas Insurance Code violations, and other extra-contractual claims.
- Insurer defense of Stowers doctrine claims.
- Insurance coverage issues, including reservation of rights letters, declination letters, and policy coverage litigation.
- Third-party defense of the insureds in claims of bodily injury and property damage covered by personal and commercial coverage.
- Subrogation claims and recovery.
In short, there is no insurance issue that Ms. Matsushima is not prepared to take on. Ms. Matsushima’s goal is to provide aggressive, cost-effective and thorough representation in every matter she handles.